Start learning Master the Academic Word List: Improve Your Academic English with Udemy, from this online course you will learn Learn the 570 most frequent academic words in 15 hours. Essential for IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, FCE, CAE, CPE, BEC, PTE, etc.. so lets start with EarlyTutors.
Course Name: Master the Academic Word List: Improve Your Academic English
Course Language: English
Course Instructor : Charles Cornelius, MA, Cert Ed & CELTA
Course Category: English Vocabulary Courses
What will you learn from this course ?
- Learn the meanings of words on the Academic Word List by looking at definitions, synonyms and example sentences
- Understand how to use words on the Academic Word List through collocations and example sentences
- Get a higher score in tests of Academic English: IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, CAE, CPE and more
- Improve your Academic Writing skills by expanding your academic vocabulary
- Write better essays: your essay writing will improve
- Improve your reading comprehension: read more quickly and understand texts more completely
Curse Description :
Do you need a high score in an English Language test? e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge B2 First (FCE), Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE), Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE), the Pearson Test of English (PTE), etc.
Are you studying, or want to study, at university?
Do you want to be able to read academic texts quickly?
Do you want to improve your reading comprehension?
Do you want to improve your academic writing skills? e.g. essay writing and thesis writing
If so, then you need to understand the words on the Academic Word List, a list of 570 words created by language experts for people who need to read, write, speak and listen using Academic English.
This course will help you to master the Academic Word List. It uses video presentations, worksheets and activities to teach you all 570 words on the list.
learn word meanings
hear how to clearly pronounce each word
see how each word is used in example sentences learn how to use the word like a native through common collocations (words that frequently go together)discover the different forms of each word
get to know synonyms of each word
revise using a PDF version of each video
build your own vocabulary booklet using the printable vocabulary worksheet that comes with each video
test yourself using multiple choice quizzes, and drag and drop activities (on the course’s companion website)Together, this information will help you develop a deep knowledge of each word.
The course contains all 570 words of the Academic Word List.
Each video lesson contains 5 words. You will learn everything you need to know about each word.
Build up your own vocabulary booklet using the worksheets that come with each lesson.
Companion Website: The Learning Lab
This course comes with a companion website, The Academic Word List Learning Lab, which contains hundreds of activities to help you improve your ability to use each word.
What My Students Say About Me : I have taught over 40,000 students on my other courses. Here are some of the things students have said about my other courses:
- “Organized accurately and fantastically”
- “The course will improve your listening skills”
- “This course is very interesting, informative and helped me to learn many right words for improving English!!!”
- “The author has a clear British accent”
- “There are a lot of new collocations which I didn’t know”
- “It’s a pleasure taking this course” “A really easy and simple way to learn “Using and understanding Academic English vocabulary is an essential skill for employment and university study. Don’t be left behind –
- This course is perfect for anyone preparing to take or retake an English language examination. Most English language tests assess your ability to use and understand academic English, e.g. by testing your reading comprehension of academic texts and your essay writing skills. This course will prepare you for a wide range of English language tests, including:
- IELTS Academic
- IELTS General Training
- TOEFL TOEIC Cambridge B2 First (FCE)Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)PTE Academic: Pearson Test of English
- Lingua skill
- BEC B2 Business Vantage
- BEC C1 Business HigherB2 First For Schools
- Royalty Free Music from Bensound
Who this course is for:
- Anyone studying, or preparing to study, at university
- Anyone preparing to take an English language test (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, CAE, CPE and PTE)Anyone who wants to read academic texts, such as reports, essays, research papers
- Anyone who wants to write an academic text, such as essays, dissertations, theses, presentations and research papers
How to Enroll Master the Academic Word List: Improve Your Academic English – Udemy Course :